Free Success Ebook: “The Power of Thought” by Henry Thomas Hamblin – FREE Download!
THOSE who succeed possess a certain type of mind. It is true that they have ambition, vision and driving power, capacity for work, and a strong will. Also they never spare themselves, and, in addition, they seize each opportunity when it comes. But their principal cause of success is their type of thinking. They think in terms of success and achievement, abundance and prosperity. - "The Power of Thought" by Henry Thomas Hamblin
Success Manual: The Power of Thought by Henry Thomas Hamblin - FREE Ebook Download
Today's FREE Success Manual Ebook Download is The Power of Thought by Henry Thomas Hamblin. Hamblin (March 19, 1873 - October 28, 1958) was an English mystic, "New Thought" author, and founder of magazine "The Science of Thought Review," which achieved wide readership.
Hamblin was born in Walworth, London, to a poor family. Despite his lack of money and education, he eventually qualified as an optician and founded the highly successful firm, "Theodore Hamblin" (which eventually became part of Dollond and Aitchison). He was also a mystic who, at times, could reach a state of consciousness in which, "all care, anxiety and fear vanished, and I felt that I was cradled in Divine Love.... The deep peace of the Eternal flowed through me like a river; yet at the same time it was as though I was being carried along on a stream of Divine Bliss..."
The world may be divided into two classes of people: (1) those who overcome life, and (2) those who are overcome by life. Those who overcome life’s difficulties are those who do so in thought. Those who are overcome by life’s difficulties are those who do not overcome in thought. - "The Power of Thought" by Henry Thomas Hamblin
Though successful and prosperous materially, Hamblin also suffered from depression and night terrors. But it was the sudden death of his ten-year old son which precipitated a personal crisis leading him to sever his connections with the business world and seek answers from the "divine presence" he had experienced earlier in life.
Inspired by this presence, he started to write in the early 1920s - his first book, "Within You Is The Power," was quite successful, immediately selling in the several thousands. He went on to write a number of other books (all in our office - we are working diligently to complete them for uploading) and also founded a magazine, "The Science of Thought Review," in 1921 (now called "New Vision"), which attracted high-profile contributors such as Joel Goldsmith.
[T]he fact remains that thinking in terms of success and achievement, at the same time maintaining a consciousness of abundance and prosperity, tends to attract these things to us. The mind is creative to a degree undreamed of by most people, and our thoughts attract things to us after their kind – opportunities for achievement and more abundant circumstances on the one hand, or failure and lack on the other. - "The Power of Thought" by Henry Thomas Hamblin
The essence of Hamblin's mystical experience and philosophy was of the omnipresence, omnipotence and all-goodness of God ("The Kingdom or realm of God is with us now and always"). He believed that "abounding health, sufficiency of supply, achievement, accomplishment and joy indescribable are the normal state for man," and that, to achieve this state, man needed to come into "harmony with Cosmic Law." Over time the emphasis of Hamblin's written work changed from showing people how to change their lives through right thought and faith, to teaching them how to find a living consciousness of God for himself alone.
The mind becomes powerful, growing in strength continually, through meeting a difficulty, in thought; moving forward towards the difficulty, in thought; and then putting the weight of the mind and will behind it. Then the “whole man” moves forward, going right through the difficulty to the other side, victoriously. This generates inward power, that is cumulative, which, when we come to our difficulty in actual experience, helps us through it successfully. - "The Power of Thought" by Henry Thomas Hamblin
Hamblin enjoyed writing. The words seemed to flow from him, and he found that writing clarified his thoughts. "Within You Is The Power" eventually went on to sell over 200,000 copies. Hamblin believed that there is a source of abundance within which, when contacted, could change a person's entire life. As long as people blamed their circumstances they were stuck in the "victim role," but if they moved in harmony with their inner source their life could be full of abundance and harmony.
WHY is right thought so important? It is important because it influences our actions. It is important because it builds up character and a steadfast mind. It is important because upon it our well-being and the success of our whole life depend. It is important because it is by right thought that we can overcome harmful suggestion. - "The Power of Thought" by Henry Thomas Hamblin
Hamblin's work is continued to this day through the Hamblin Trust, a registered charity which publishes the magazine, "New Vision" (founded in 1921).
Sooner or later, just when we are ready for it, opportunity comes our way, just as surely as the rising and setting of the sun. The law is infallible. When we are ready the opportunity appears. - "The Power of Thought" by Henry Thomas Hamblin
Mount Washington image with permission from the Mount Washington Observatory. Thanks, Crew!
Success Manual: The Power of Thought by Henry Thomas Hamblin - FREE Ebook Download
If you simply want to view this ebook reference within your web browser, simply left click the link and your web browser should open the file using a PDF file plugin. You may download the file for viewing offline in your PDF viewer by right-clicking (control-click on a Macintosh) on the following link, then choosing the option that allows you to save or download the item (depending on the browser, this option will be labeled, "Save Target As," "Save Link Target As," "Download Link to Disk," "Download Linked File As," etc.) to directly download this file to your computer. You can then open the file using your PDF viewer, such as Adobe Acrobat Reader or any other number of PDF file viewers. Adobe Acrobat Reader may be downloaded at no cost by clicking here.
- 'Hold That Thought' - Excerpt from Reading Between the Line, The Hidden Power of Language
- 6 Great Home Uses for Power Pressure Washers
- Free Success Ebook: Within You Is the Power by Henry Thomas Hamblin – FREE Download! If, therefore, a man’s poverty and lack, or financial difficulties are due to weakness of character which manifest in his...
- Free Success Ebook: “The Life of the Spirit” by Henry Thomas Hamblin – FREE Download! It was a wonderful discovery to us when it was revealed to us by the Spirit that we are day...
- Free Success Ebook: The Ideal Made Real by Christian D. Larson – FREE Download! To move forward steadily during the great eternal now is to eternally become more than you are; and to become...
- Success Master: Wallace D. Wattles, Law of Attraction Author, Sage, Teacher and Author Wallace D. Wattles’ brand of motivational self-improvement philosophy is best expressed in this quote of his: “The scientific use of...
- Free Success Ebook: “The Creative Process in the Individual” by Thomas Troward Starting with certain incontrovertible scientific facts, all these things logically follow, and that therefore, however far these speculations may carry...
- Free Success Ebook: As A Man Thinketh by James Allen (1903) – FREE Download ALL that a man achieves and all that he fails to achieve is the direct result of his own thoughts....
- Free Success Ebook: “Your Forces and How to Use Them” by Christian D. Larson – FREE Download When the mind discovers that its powers are inexhaustible and that its faculties and talents can be developed to any...
- Free Success Ebook: “Dynamic Thought” by Henry Thomas Hamblin One of the principal causes of failure in life is due to inability to control the thoughts. Wrong thoughts reach...
- Free Ebook: “Byways to Blessedness” by James Allen – FREE Immediate Download! He who masters the small becomes the rightful possessor of the great. He who is mastered by the small can...
- Free Success Ebook: How to Get What You Want by Wallace D. Wattles – FREE Download Getting what you want is success, and success is an effect, coming from the application of a cause. The cause...
3 Responses »
- Success Manual: Within You Is the Power by Henry Thomas Hamblin – FREE Ebook Download | The Success Manual
- The Power of Thought
- Free Success Ebook: “Dynamic Thought” by Henry Thomas Hamblin | The Success Manual
Leave a Response
You must be logged in to post a comment.