Free Success Ebook: “The Mental Equivalent Lectures” by Dr. Emmet Fox
For anything that you want in your life – a healthy body, a satisfactory vocation, friends, opportunities, and above all the understanding of God – you must furnish a mental equivalent. Supply yourself with a mental equivalent, and the thing must come to you. Without a mental equivalent it cannot come. As to the things in your life that you would like to be rid of - and everyone has such things in his or her life, whether physical, mental or otherwise - if we rid our mind of the mental equivalent of them, they must go. - Dr. Emmet Fox, "The Mental Equivalent Lectures" Success Manual Strategist Edition 2010
Free Success Ebook: "The Mental Equivalent Lectures" by Dr. Emmet Fox - Success Manual Strategist Edition 2010
We have a great addition to The Success Manual Free Download Library: "The Mental Equivalent Lectures" by Dr. Emmet Fox. This Success Manual is short and sweet, but loaded with some tasty pearls of Wisdom.
The Mental Equivalent Lectures are comprised of two lectures presented by Dr. Fox in 1943 to Unity School of Christianity in Kansas City, Missouri. Spiritually-based, the metaphysical theme of Dr. Fox's presentation is that for every concrete element in the physical, outer world, there is a Mental Equivalent in the Mental and Spiritual inner world. Obviously, we have been here before, but Dr. Fox has a great voice of distilling such subjects to relative simplicity.
Fox became known as one of the most influential New Thought writers of the Twentieth Century. In his career, he even came to know the prolific New Thought writer and master sage, Judge Thomas Troward (stay tuned, folks, Judge Troward is up next for Download Library). Fox discovered that he had spiritual healing powers in his teens and never looked back, pursuing the obvious path God had laid before him.
We have no doubt you will enjoy The Mental Equivalent Lectures by Emmet Fox. Following the Download Section, below, is a short essay by Dr. Fox titled, The Hidden Power (same name given to a lecture by the famous Thomas Troward). Enjoy!
Until next time . . . .
Peace Out, and - Namasté!
To your Health, Wealth, Prosperity and Success,
The Success Manual Team
Free Success Ebook: "The Mental Equivalent Lectures" by Dr. Emmet Fox - Success Manual Strategist Edition 2010
If you simply want to view this ebook reference within your web browser, simply left click the link and your web browser should open the file using a PDF file plugin. You may download the file for viewing offline in your PDF viewer by right-clicking (control-click on a Macintosh) on the following link, then choosing the option that allows you to save or download the item (depending on the browser, this option will be labeled, "Save Target As," "Save Link Target As," "Download Link to Disk," "Download Linked File As," etc.) to directly download this file to your computer. You can then open the file using your PDF viewer, such as Adobe Acrobat Reader or any other number of PDF file viewers. Adobe Acrobat Reader may be downloaded at no cost by clicking here.
Mount Washington image with permission from the Mount Washington Observatory. Thanks, Crew!
The Hidden Power by Dr. Emmet Fox
Strange as it may seem to you, there exists a mystic power that is able to transform your life so thoroughly, so radically, so completely, that when the process is completed your own friends would hardly recognize you, and, in fact, you would scarcely be able to recognize yourself. You would sit down and ask yourself: "Can I really be the man or woman that I vaguely remember, who went about under my name six months or six years ago? Was I really that person? Could that person have possibly been me?" And the truth will be that while in one sense you are indeed the same person, yet in another sense you will be someone utterly different.
This mystic but intensely real force can pick you up today, now, from the midst of failure, ruin, misery, despair – and in the twinkling of an eye, as Paul said, solve your problems, smooth out your difficulties, cut you free from any entanglements, and place you clear, safe, and happy upon the highroad of freedom and opportunity.
It can lift you out of an invalid’s bed, make you sound and well once more, and free to go out into the world to shape your life as you will. It can throw open the prison door and liberate the captive. It has a magical healing balm for the bruised or broken heart.
This mystic Power can teach you all things that you need to know, if only you are receptive and teachable. It can inspire you with new thoughts and ideas, so that your work may be truly original. It can impart new and wonderful kinds of knowledge as soon as you really want such knowledge – glorious knowledge – strange things not taught in schools or written in books. It can do for you that which is probably the most important thing of all in your present stage: it can find your true place in life for you, and put you into it too. It can find the right friends for you, kindred spirits who are interested in the same ideas and want the same things that you do. It can provide you with an ideal home. It can furnish you with the prosperity that means freedom, freedom to be and to do and to go as your soul calls.
This extraordinary Power, mystic though I have rightly called it, is nevertheless very real, no mere imaginary abstraction, but actually the most practical thing there is. The existence of this Power is already well known to thousands of people in the world today, and has been known to certain enlightened souls for tens of thousands of years. This Power is really no less than the primal Power of Being, and to discover that Power is the Divine birthright of all men. It is your right and your privilege to make your contact with this Power, and to allow it to work through your body, mind, and estate, so that you need no longer grovel upon the ground amid limitations and difficulties, but can soar up on wings like an eagle to the realm of dominion and joy.
But where, it will naturally be asked, is this wonderful, mystic Power to be contacted? Where may we find it? And how is it brought into action? The answer is perfectly simple – This Power is to be found within your own consciousness, the last place that most people would look for it. Right within your own mentality there lies a source of energy stronger than electricity, more potent than high explosive; unlimited and inexhaustible. You only need to make conscious contact with this Power to set it working in your affairs; and all the marvelous results enumerated can be yours. This is the real meaning of such sayings in the Bible as "The Kingdom of God is within you"; and "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and all the rest shall be added."
This Indwelling Power, the Inner Light, or Spiritual Idea, is spoken of in the Bible as a child, and throughout the Scriptures the child symbolically always stands for this. Bible symbolism has its own beautiful logic, and just as the soul is always spoken of as a woman, so this, the Spiritual Idea that is born to the soul, is described as a child.
The conscious discovery by you that you have this Power within you, and your determination to make use of it, is the birth of the child. And it is easy to see how very apt the symbol is, for the infant that is born in consciousness is just such a weak, feeble entity as any new-born child, and it calls for the same careful nursing and guarding that any infant does in its earliest days. After a time, however, as the weeks go by, the child grows stronger and bigger, until a time comes when it can well take care of itself; and then it grows and grows in wisdom and stature until, no longer leaning on the mother’s care, the child, now arrived at man’s estate, turns the tables, and repays its debt by taking over the care of its mother. So your ability to contact the mystic Power within yourself, frail and feeble at first, will gradually develop until you find yourself permitting that Power to take your whole life into its care.
The life story of Jesus, the central figure of the Bible, perfectly dramatizes this truth. He is described as being born of a virgin, and in a poor stable, and we know how he grew up to be the Savior of the world. Now, in Bible symbolism, the virgin soul means the soul that looks to God alone, and it is this condition of soul in which the child, or Spiritual Idea, comes to birth. It is when we have reached that stage, the stage where, either through wisdom or because of suffering, we are prepared to put God really first, that the thing happens.
alt="wordpress counter" />
- Free Success Ebook: “The Creative Process in the Individual” by Thomas Troward Starting with certain incontrovertible scientific facts, all these things logically follow, and that therefore, however far these speculations may carry...
- Success Master: Wallace D. Wattles, Law of Attraction Author, Sage, Teacher and Author Wallace D. Wattles’ brand of motivational self-improvement philosophy is best expressed in this quote of his: “The scientific use of...
- Free Success Ebook: “How the Mind Works” by Christian D. Larson – Immediate Download EVERYTHING THAT is in action must necessarily work through definite laws. And as the mind is in constant action, alternating...
- Free Success Ebook: “The Law and the Word” by Thomas Troward Our Thought always continues to be creative; but in destructive use it becomes creative for destructive forces, and, since it...
- Free RARE Success Ebook: “God Works Through You” by Robert A. Russell Living on the Spiritual Side of your nature, You discover that You do not create anything. You merely become aware...
- Free Success Ebook: “Thought Force in Business and Everyday Life” by William W. Atkinson Stop your “moaning” and get down to business. Some people spend their life in dreaming of the hereafter, where they...
- The Wattles Prosperity Bible and The Law of Attraction Prosperity Bible The Success Manual is pleased and proud to announce the DEFINITIVE Law of Attraction Resource and Virtual Law of Attraction...
- Free Success Ebook: As A Man Thinketh by James Allen (1903) – FREE Download ALL that a man achieves and all that he fails to achieve is the direct result of his own thoughts....
- Free Success Ebook: “The Game of Life and How to Play It” by Florence Scovel Shinn – Free Download! Most people consider life a battle, but it is not a battle. It is a game. It is a game,...
- Free Success Ebook: How to Get What You Want by Wallace D. Wattles – FREE Download Getting what you want is success, and success is an effect, coming from the application of a cause. The cause...
3 Responses »
- Tweets that mention Free Success Ebook: “The Mental Equivalent Lectures” by Dr. Emmet Fox | The Success Manual -- Topsy.com
- Free Success Ebook: “The Mental Equivalent Lectures” by Dr. Emmet Fox | My PDF Search Tool
- How big is your mental equivalent? | A year of possibilities™
Leave a Response
You must be logged in to post a comment.